Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Taking Care of Myself

I try to take good care of myself. I was never very good at it. It took me years to realize that I was not good to myself. I put myself down. I ignored physical symptoms of illness. I overate.
When I take good care of myself now, I still fight that inner voice that says I am just being selfish.
But I have learned. I have learned that it is good to be good to myself. That it is good to take care of myself, to see me as someone of value and worth. It is good to treat myself as my own best friend. I try to see me as I know God sees me. I am a child of God. I need to remember to be good to me.

1 comment:

Cheri said...

I will say again...I can relate! I'm still learning to do this. When those who were to care for us as children...did the opposite...I think it is hard to have the self esteem needed for self care. In order to be able to nurture ourselves properly...I think we must have to first learn it being nurtured by someone else.

This is reminder to me that during my season of change...I need to be good to myself as well...a little self nurturing goes a long way. God bless Colleen