Sunday, November 23, 2008

Time to Hibernate

Here it comes. The same old stuff. The feelings of depression and unworthiness. Why this time? I don't know. But here it is.
And so I pray and try to find stuff that makes me laugh. I hibernate a little too. Hide from the world till it feels safe.
I may have written a book and I may have felt some sense of liberation but still, I have to deal with the same ol stuff again ... from time to time. The self doubt.
I got a card from someone once that said everyone has to hibernate sometime. Guess today is my turn.
I am so thankful for my faith. It makes all the difference.

2 comments:

Cheri said...

Colleen....I completely understand!! I know exactly how this feels. I think this can be part of the human condition...but for those who have been abused in whatever capactiy....it may come up more often. This can be quite painful...as when it 'strikes', it can be quite debilitating.

Colleen said...

Thank you for your comment and affirmation, Cheri. It helps to knwo others understand and have been there too. Yes, it can be debilitating when this happens.