Monday, December 15, 2008
10 Honest Things
April_Optimist at the Thriver's Toolbox gave me this award and I am supposed to list 10 honest things about myself.
1. I am Catholic and I love Jesus. He has helped me in dealing with the abuse.
2. I am a perfectionist. I like to say that I am better than I used to be. I am not really sure about that. All I know is I am afraid of making mistakes.
3. I am afraid of my husband dying and leaving me alone.
4. I do not like parties or most social gatherings. I do not like to have to make small talk. I am always worried about saying the wrong thing.
5. I am happy when my book helps other survivors. It makes writing the book worth it and it helps me to find meaning to it all.
6. I am a worry-wart. I worry about the littlest things.
7. I am afraid of others not liking me.
8. I am a control freak.
9. I am overweight. I know I use food to comfort myself and cannot seem to stop it. I was recently on weight watchers diet, lost 25 lbs, and then gained back 10 pounds very quickly when I decided to go off diet just for a week or two. This really discouraged me and now I have gained most of my weight back. Did I mention I was a chocoholic?
10. I stay up really late. I know a lot of survivors are like that. There must be fear involved. I just know I never get enough sleep.
I do not know who to pass this on to who doesn't already have it. I am fairly new to this community of bloggers. But I will be on the search! If you read this and have not received this award, please accept it from me!