Monday, December 15, 2008

10 Honest Things


April_Optimist at the Thriver's Toolbox gave me this award and I am supposed to list 10 honest things about myself.


1. I am Catholic and I love Jesus. He has helped me in dealing with the abuse.
2. I am a perfectionist. I like to say that I am better than I used to be. I am not really sure about that. All I know is I am afraid of making mistakes.
3. I am afraid of my husband dying and leaving me alone.
4. I do not like parties or most social gatherings. I do not like to have to make small talk. I am always worried about saying the wrong thing.
5. I am happy when my book helps other survivors. It makes writing the book worth it and it helps me to find meaning to it all.
6. I am a worry-wart. I worry about the littlest things.
7. I am afraid of others not liking me.
8. I am a control freak.
9. I am overweight. I know I use food to comfort myself and cannot seem to stop it. I was recently on weight watchers diet, lost 25 lbs, and then gained back 10 pounds very quickly when I decided to go off diet just for a week or two. This really discouraged me and now I have gained most of my weight back. Did I mention I was a chocoholic?
10. I stay up really late. I know a lot of survivors are like that. There must be fear involved. I just know I never get enough sleep.

I do not know who to pass this on to who doesn't already have it. I am fairly new to this community of bloggers. But I will be on the search! If you read this and have not received this award, please accept it from me!

2 comments:

April_optimist said...

I love that you were so honest with your list! I know this isn't part of the "official" thing but...I wonder what would it look like if you listed 10 things you love about yourself that we don't know?

Colleen said...

hmmmm ... guess you are trying to tell me something? I was mostly negative wasn't I? OK, I will try it out!! Thanks.