Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Book Review

A book review of The Third Floor Window, A True Story of Secrets, Survival and Hope. Review written by Bill Tammeus on his "Faith Matters Weblog" (written on October 11/12 - 2008.) I am just getting around to posting it!!

When the priest sex abuse scandal in the Catholic Church broke a few years ago, the author was forced by her memories to confront the years of sexual abuse by her father she experienced as a child. It's a terrible story of pain and questioning, but as she began to write about it, she found her way to hope by finally realizing that she's a precious child in God's sight. A wise voice speaks in these pages.

3 comments:

Clairvaux said...

Well done, Colleen...I am certain your book will help many.

John said...

You are an inspiration. Thank you for courage in love.

Colleen said...

I so appreciate your comments.

Clairvaux - Your words encourage me. That is what I pray for - that my story can help others. Thank you.

John - I have often been afraid about telling my story. But it seems that God has given me this new-found courage. Thank you.