Thursday, January 15, 2009

Happiness List

Thanks to One Prayer Girl who wrote a great Happiness List, I decided to write one of my own. I admit it is a bit late for Christmas but nonetheless, it is good to know I can be happy and I can recognize happiness when I see it!

Happiness is …
Happiness is spending Christmas Eve with grandchildren and stepchildren and laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes.
Happiness is spending time with my adult children the day after Christmas. Playing a board game and hearing my adult sons giggle like they were little boys. Knowing my boys still like coming home to be with us.
Happiness is going to Midnight Mass. Hearing the choir sing Panis Angelicus so beautifully. Experiencing the peace and joy deep within that must have been felt by the shepherds on that first Christmas Day.

Happiness is knowing - really knowing - that I do not have to be perfect.
Happiness is knowing that Jesus is still here with us. Deep within our hearts. Closer to us than we are to ourselves.

3 comments:

mile191 said...

happiness is....you
thanks for the support on my blog. for the kindness that has helped me to feel that I am not alone.

Take care, and happy days throughout the New Year.

Love and hugs --mile191

Colleen said...

Thank you for your comment. It is so important for you and me and others like us to feel that we are not alone. Happy days to you too!

April_optimist said...

What a lovely, great list!