Friday, February 20, 2009

Time to Tear Down the Walls

Nothing can “separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 8:39, NAB)

Years ago I built walls around my heart. I did it to protect myself. Walls were used to keep people out and keep my feelings and the “secret” in.
Now, I am trying to tear them down. Sometimes a wall comes down easily. Sometimes it is painful. Always it is liberating. And that is what keeps me doing it. I like that feeling of freedom. That feeling of healing.
It goes slow. It will take a lifetime. It will take my whole lifetime. And I can’t do it alone. God has been helping me all along. Even when I didn’t know he was there, in my heart.
Thank goodness, the walls I built never kept Him out.

2 comments:

Helen Ginger said...

Hi Colleen. An inspirational post. I think you will inspire others who stop by to read what you have to say.

Colleen said...

Helen, Thank you for your comment. I appreciate it. God bless.