Monday, March 23, 2009

Isn't It Over Yet?

I am working on my witness talk for Magnificat next Saturday. You would think it would be easy. I have told my story before. I have written and published a book about it just in the past 6 months. But here I am, a few days to go, and I am having a hard time.
I have to keep reminding myself that it is never really over. To share my story about incest is difficult because I have to re-live it. And I do not care how many times I have shared this stuff, it still hurts. It is still hard to throw it out there for people to hear.
I am still tempted to say, Aren't we done yet? Am I not finished with this healing stuff and this hurting stuff?
No. I am not done. Oh, I see light and healing and joy in my life. I have come a long way. But as long as there is pain, there is still healing to be done.
And so I tell my story again. Yes, it is hard. But it is real. And that is good. That is very, very good.

3 comments:

Just Be Real said...

Coleen, I inspired when I come to your blog.
I too see a beautiful innocent child in that picture. Blessings to you dear one! Thank you for sharing from the bottom of your heart.

Colleen said...

Thank you for your comment and for your blessings! It is so comforting to give and receive support, isn't it?

Just Be Real said...

Colleen, it certainly is. I pray you have a good day. Blessings dear one.