Saturday, August 22, 2009

Cinderella

I love the story of Cinderella. I always have. I guess I can relate to Cinderella. I was abused as a child and I liked being by myself with my nose in a book. And I spent a lot of time in a fairy tale of my own making, fantasizing about some Prince Charming coming to rescue me and whisk me away. It was a way for me to escape the pain. I knew I had found my Prince Charming when I stopped fantasizing about a better life. I realized I had a better life already and the fantasy was no longer needed. My husband has made such a difference in my life. I am indeed blessed. It is not always easy for me - or him. I am still on the healing journey. This means there are dark tunnels to go through from time to time. But my life is also filled with light and love and faith in God, my King. And the hope that living happily ever after is not impossible at all.
image source

6 comments:

rox said...

This is a beautiful post Colleen . Thank You

VICKI IN AZ said...

Tender.

Gotta love a good man.

Just Be Real said...

Very nice Colleen, thank you dear for sharing!

Colleen said...

Rox - thank you so much! Glad you liked it.

Vicki - Thank you. My husband is a gift.

JBR - Thanks for dropping by. God bless!

April_optimist said...

What a beautiful post. I love that you did find your Prince Charming!

We CAN live happily ever after. And isn't that great to know? Not in a castle (at least not for most of us) but in finding joy in life, good friends, loved ones who genuinely care--all the things we may not have had as kids.

Colleen said...

April - thank you so much! Yes, it is sooo great to know that we CAN live happily ever after. Everything is possible.