Thursday, August 6, 2009

Home Sweet Home

1st posted 1/12/09

I am a homebody. I like being home. I like being home with my husband and just hanging out.
I go to work and I go to church and I go to church functions and I visit my children.
But I prefer home above all. It is a peaceful place. It is a safe place. For me, it is the place where I can truly be myself and relax.
I spent most of my childhood being afraid of home. Never feeling safe there. Home was where I was abused. When I got married, I was bound and determined that my home would be a safe place for my children. And it was. It was a home of laughter and love and God.
We live in an empty nest now. It is still a happy home, only quieter. But it is still safe. And peaceful. And still a home of laughter and love and God. Which is why I like it.
And why I would rather be home than anywhere else.

3 comments:

Just Be Real said...

Welcome "HOME" Colleen. Glad you were able to make your home a safe place for you and your family over the years! Blessings dear one!

sarah said...

my sister often says that too about being home. I have this crazy need to be out most of the time in the woods. It's there I feel at home. Glad to hear though you have found your safe place. Colleen, you're awesome. An amazing survivor. Sarah

Colleen said...

JBR, thank you. Truly nice to know I am home.

Sarah, thank you for your encouraging words. It is good to feel at home, whether that is a house or the woods. You are amazing, too, Sarah.