Monday, September 28, 2009

A Few More People

I posted last week about a talk I was doing and my fear of rejection. Here is the scoop on that - My talk went well. I only had about 10 minutes to speak, but it seemed to be received well. I sold a few books. And I was asked to speak to another women's group in a few months!
The best part was that several women came up to me afterward to ask me some questions about abuse and abusers and forgiveness etc. I feel like I educated a few more people. A few more people will go out into the world with knowledge about child abuse they did not have before. A few more people will put some light on the subject and will help dispel the darkness.
And maybe, just maybe, a few more people will be helped. I pray for that.

11 comments:

Just Be Real said...

You are doing God's work Colleen. He is using you mightly as you go about sharing your story and helping others! I am truly excited for you. Blessings dear one!

Colleen said...

JBR, thank you! You are such a great support for me.

HeartfeltHeartLook said...

Way to go Colleen! Those few will go out and tell someone else. You started the ripple effect!

Patricia Singleton said...

Amen to what Just Be Real said. You are my inspiration for speaking out.

Colleen said...

Heartfelt, that ripple effect can be so awesome can't it? Thanks for saying that,

Patricia, thank you so much. I am so happy to know I have inspired you and others. As you know, it brings meaning and hope to my own life. And to my heart.

sarah said...

that's awesome. Sarah

Colleen said...

Thank you Sarah!

Lisa Marie said...

For every person who comes up and asks you a question or comments about how much you helped them, means that there are probably 10x the amount that didn't have the courage to speak up. You are helping them all.

Colleen said...

Bless you Lisa Marie. Thanks for your support.

Marj aka Thriver said...

I'm glad the talk went well. I'm excited for you, Colleen. You are living it--doing what will probably remain just a dream for me.

Colleen said...

Thank you, Marj. Hang in there. Take one day at a time. This was once just a dream for me too. A very long time ago. Even now it is hard going. SO I still take one day at a time. I sense a new post coming on! :)