Monday, September 7, 2009

I Am Wonderfully Made

I have a new graphic on my sidebar. It is a picture of a girl and underneath is the verse from Psalm 139  - I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
I put it there because I forget that. I forget that God made me and that I am wonderfully made and I am special and it doesn't matter how others treat me. It doesn't matter because I know. Deep down inside, I know. Deep within I hear that still small voice that tells me in the silence. Jesus whispers to me - You are special. You are mine. I love you just the way you are.
But I forget. Or I let others tell me different. So I need to make new tapes to erase those old ones. So this graphic will help me remember. And the words of Psalm 139 will help me remember.

9 comments:

Just Be Real said...

Awesome reminder Colleen! Amen!

Colleen said...

Thank you!! God bless!

Lisa Marie said...

Very good reminder to us all. So easy to forget.

Colleen said...

Lisa Marie, I try to do what I can to help me remember this. Because I can so often just talk myself into feeling bad about myself. Or give others the power to make me feel bad. It is so easy to forget isn't it?

Wanda's Wings said...

Sometime I feel I was a mistake. Thank you for reminding me what God thinks of me.

HeartfeltHeartLook said...

Thank you Colleen!

Colleen said...

Wanda, I am glad I posted this so you would get that reminder. I know I need the reminder too. We are not mistakes Wanda. We are God's beloved daughters.

Heartfelt, you are welcome! God bless.

rox said...

Yes You Are !
we all forget Colleen , great thing is He keeps reminding us ;-)
much love
Rox

Colleen said...

Rox, you are so right.He does keep reminding us! God is good.