Sunday, October 4, 2009

New Life

Thanks to Marj aka Thriver at Survivors Can Thrive!, and Vicki at Here in My World, I learned about Polyvore and art therapy and collage making. Check out their blogs to see some of what they have done.
I thought the idea of art therapy was a great idea, a creative way of dealing with feelings and experience, etc. I am not an artist, but the idea of communicating with something besides words, sounded right to me.
So I made my first collage, a rather simple one compared with others that I have seen. But I am a newbie so I am being patient with myself. Which is a new thing!
This first collage is called New Life. Jesus has brought me a lot of healing - a new life in many respects. Through knowing Him, I am learning that I am lovable and I am a person of value and I am free to be me.
Hope you check out Polyvore and maybe try your hand at making a collage.

9 comments:

VICKI IN AZ said...

Colleen,
So many wonderful things.
I love your first collage. It is truly beautiful, there is no healing without our Savior Jesus Christ.

This new blog design is so sweet. I am very impressed. You have been a very busy girl. ;)

Enjoy Polyvore and I look forward to more of your work.
xoxo
Vicki

Colleen said...

Vicki, thank you so much! I decided to change blog for the season and then the holidays and then will find a design to keep for a year or til I get bored! :) It is fun. Glad you like my collage. God bless.

Just Be Real said...

Colleen, this first collage is so precious and shares your feelings. I may just try this also. Thank you dear one. Blessings....

Marj aka Thriver said...

I like your new blog template and I like this post very much. I am, actually, quite impressed with your first try at Polyvore collage. I think it looks great and conveys a wonderful message. When I first started, I didn't even know how to layer one item on top of another. So, you're already off to a faster start over there than I had! ;)

Colleen said...

JBR, yes! You should try it. I got a lot out of doing it. Thank you!

Marj, glad you like my new template! It was just going to be for fall but I may change my mind!
Thank you for your kind words about my collage. Glad you like it. I was a little nervous about putting it out there but thought, why not!? I like the message too. Hugs.

Wanda's Wings said...

Very nice.

Colleen said...

Wanda, thank you!

Lisa Marie said...

Art is such a great way to speak without words... so powerful!

For me, music is a way for me to "speak" what I am feeling without using my own words.

Colleen said...

Lisa Marie, thanks for your comment. Music is a wonderful way to share our feelings and heal. I lost music for awhile if that makes any sense. But it is back!