Tuesday, November 3, 2009

One Voice

Whose voice do I listen to?
There are so many voices in this world. So many voices speaking to me, vying for my attention.
There is my own voice. My voice is often self-criticizing, self-doubting, untrusting, worried, angry, and afraid.
There are the voices of the world. These voices are often criticizing, doubting, untrusting, worried, angry and afraid.
There is the voice of my inner child. My inner child's voice is often afraid, lonely, needy, hungry for love.
There is the voice of my abuser - the voice that rejects me, lies to me, scares me.
And then there is the one Voice. The Voice that speaks softly. I must sit still, be silent and listen. There it is. It is the one Voice.
No other voice has these words of Love and Peace and Healing.
One Voice. This voice is loving, tender, caring, encouraging, truthful, forgiving.
I need to listen to only One Voice.
Jesus.

10 comments:

Just Be Real said...

Colleen, this is such a wonderful reminder! I need to hear this as well!!! Blessings and thank you dear one!

Colleen said...

JBR - thank you! I needed the reminder too!

sarah said...

thanks for the reminder. It's so easy to drown out His voice but without His voice, I'm reduced to almost nothing. Stay strong Colleen. Your words always speak to me. You are so encouraging. Sarah

Colleen said...

Sarah, I agree with you, I am nothing without His voice. I appreciate your comment very much. Thank you.

Marj aka Thriver said...

This is so true. I think we need to get really still and quiet so that we can hear the gentle, loving voice of God...that can also be within us. Nice post. Thanks for sharing this.

Colleen said...

Marj, thank you for your kind comment. I do not always take the time to listen or to get still and quiet. I need to. God bless!

mile191 said...

My voice is often self-criticizing, self-doubting, untrusting, worried, angry, and afraid.....

I echo that...and you are so right. One voice matters...I only hope to be able to shut out the others. Thanks for writing...I needed this reminder as well. ♥ mile

Colleen said...

mile, I am so glad that this post helped you. One voice matters. Hugs.

April_optimist said...

There's nothing more important than having and listening to that voice of love and kindness and wisdom.

Colleen said...

April, yes, you are right - nothing more important. Thanks.