Wednesday, December 16, 2009

God Desires to Be with Us

originally posted on my Catholic blog -12/15/09 -  Thoughts on Grace - thought it would be a good message for here as well:

Dear Jesus,
I decided to take care of myself this evening. I needed some TLC. So I was kind to me.
It was a busy day at work. Mondays usually are. But I work in a church office and Christmas is 11 days off. That adds up to a pretty crazy day.
I had a bunch of things to do when I got home tonight. A long list as a matter of fact. But I knew I needed some rest. I needed to "de-stress."
So I listened to a meditation about you and started to pray and fell right to sleep in the living room chair. For about an hour! Somehow I do not think that bothers you. "Come to me all who labor, and are burdened, and I will give you rest." (Mt 11:28)
Amen to that.
I woke up feeling a little better, but I did not let myself get into high gear and tackle that to-do list. I have 11 long crazy days ahead of me. Better to rest and be gentle and kind to myself. And I still needed to talk to you some more.
So I am sitting here writing and looking at the lights on my Christmas tree. And when I am finished with this note to you, I will go to bed. But first I want to share this quote I read today. 
"No human being has ever desired anything as much as God desires to be with him or her" - Meister Eckhart
So.You love me THAT much?
I cannot really wrap my mind around that. But, my heart accepts it with great joy.
I love you, too.
Goodnight.
Love
Me

4 comments:

Just Be Real said...

Colleen, glad you reposted this "Dear Jesus." Glad you were able to unwind and relax in Him. Blessings.

sarah said...

beautiful gentle post. Tons of hugs and blessings. Sarah

Patricia Singleton said...

Colleen, you and I are alike in so many ways. I always have a list of to-do items. During the holidays, I have learned to slow down and take better care of myself. Take time to enjoy your quiet moments with Jesus. You will feel better for doing that. Love and blessings to you and your family.

Colleen said...

Patricia, yes, I have noticed that we are a lot alike. I am glad that we both have learned to slow down and appreciate the small things and the present moment. And to take care of ourselves for a change! You are right, I will feel better doing that. God bless!