Thursday, December 10, 2009

Rambling Thoughts

Just some things I want to share:
I am doing OK. I am trying to survive the holidays. I am trying to stay away from all the goodies because when I am stressed, I eat. I am going on a diet after Christmas. I need to. Being overweight makes me feel bad about myself. I wish I could just accept myself as I am. Overweight or not.
We need to treat ourselves well, with respect, with compassion. We are children of God. We were made in His image. To mistreat us is to mistreat God.
One of my blogging friends has a beautiful Catholic blog called Daughter of the King. That is who I am. I am more than a survivor. I am a daughter of the King. A beloved daughter of God.
I do not need to be my father's daughter any more. I have a Father. A Father Who loves me the way I am.
Jesus became man so we would know who God the Father is. He became human, because God loves us and God wants us to know how much He loves us, that we have value. If God became one of us, then we must be worth something.
Let us throw ourselves into the ocean of God's goodness, where every failing will be canceled and anxiety turned into love. -St. Paul of the Cross

10 comments:

Just Be Real said...

((((Colleen))))
Here with you dear one.....

Colleen said...

JBr, thanks for the hugs. Blessings.

sarah said...

you are a dgt. of the King and acceptable and loved just exactly as you are. Colleen - I'm praying for you to have the best holiday ever - and to know how much you are loved and appreciated. Stay strong ok. Sarah

Colleen said...

Thank you Sarah. Bless you.

April_optimist said...

You are a beloved daughter of the King and I'll bet he is proud of you and who you have become. As for weight...I had the opposite problem--being too thin. The funny thing is that when I stopped worrying about my weight and started loving me the weight problem disappeared. So...loving yourself truly might be the best thing you could do.

Colleen said...

April, thank you so much. I think you are right. If I love myself more then I will not need to eat to deal with stress or inner turmoil. I appreciate you and your kind words!

Wanda's Wings said...

May you feel all of God's love right now.

Colleen said...

Wanda, thank you. I pray the same for you.

Lisa Marie said...

Sometimes survival is all we can ask of ourselves. The holidays are a tough time for many. We all will be thinking of you and praying for your peace.

Colleen said...

Lisa Marie, thank you so much for your encouragement. Prayers and hugs.