Monday, December 14, 2009

To Be Free

Read a beautiful poem on Terry Hershey's blog post. Both the post and the poem have the same title - To Be A Child Once Again.
The poem (written by Patty Irons) is short - you need to read the whole thing but it ends with: 

"and our souls will be filled with gladness,
like that of a child.
And once again, we shall be free.
"

I like that last line. Once again, we shall be free. 
Is that when we will be free? When we are a child again?
I'm ready for that.

4 comments:

sarah said...

I read the poem and yes it is beautiful. Have a gentle day. Sarah

Just Be Real said...

Colleen, thank you for the link. Blessings to you and thank you always for being real!

Marj aka Thriver said...

I LOVE your holiday blog background, Colleen! And I loved reading that poem and delightful blog post you linked us to. Thanks!

I'm sending ((((((warm hugs)))))) and wishes for comfort and joy through the spirit of the season...here and at my blog. Thanks for being you!

Colleen said...

Sarah, thank you so much. I love that - have a gentle day. I wish the same for you.

JBR, thank you, too JBR.

Marj, thank you. It was fun doing a Christmas blog. Glad you liked the poem. Warm wishes and hugs to you too!