Sunday, January 3, 2010

Odds and Ends

I have a speaking engagement on Tuesday, to speak about my book and my life as an incest survivor. Please keep me in your prayers and thoughts!
I am glad to have this opportunity but always get nervous right before I speak. Then once I begin, I calm down and the Holy Spirit carries me through!

I changed the look of my blog. I was tired of the snowman and reindeer (though they were cute). I decided I needed something new, feminine, cheerful. Flowers make me think of new life. And here it is a new year.
So, what do you think?

Why is it, that no matter how often I have spoken about being an incest survivor, I still worry about how people will see me, what they will think of me?

7 comments:

Just Be Real said...

Dear one you are human and only natural to feel unsure. It may take a little more time for you to fully accept that you get your worth from Him only. I know I am working on this for myself!!

I have heard you speak (MP3) and you are very good and come over very sure of yourself. The Lord has placed you exactly where He wants you. I will be excited to learn what He shares and reveals to you and the men and women you meet. You most certainly will be in my prayers!

I like the new look! :)

Blessings and warm hugs to you!!!

Colleen said...

JBR, thank you so much. You are right, of course. We get our worth from Our Lord. Thanks for your prayers and for your vote on my blog look!!

sarah said...

love the new look and I can sooooo relate. I want to speak but it's so hard to stand and be seen and tell....Praying for you. Sarah

Paula said...

The new look is real nice, so "spring-like" - keep my fingers crossed for your speech. I am sure you can rely on your experience as oyu have managed and felt good before. Hugs

Paul from Mind Parts said...

Good luck! I have NOT heard you speak? I see someone posted that they heard an MP3 of you. Is that available somewhere? Would you mind if I heard??

Wanda's Wings said...

I think it is normal to be unsure when you speak out about the abuse. You are doing it and that is a good thing.

I like the freshness of your new blog.

Colleen said...

Sarah, thank you for your prayers and support.

Paula, thank you for the hug. Glad you like my blog look.

Paul, thanks for your visit. I put the MP3 talk on the bottom of my blog.

Wanda, thanks for your support and you are right, It is normal to be unsure. I feel better tonight and will let you all know how it goes tomorrow! Glad you liked the blog. Hope it is not too yellow!! :)