Sunday, June 13, 2010

How Do I Feel Today?

Since I tend to bury my feelings, every once in awhile I need to check out how I am feeling and seeing myself.
How do I feel right now? Sad and anxious.
How do I see myself today? I see myself as tired and a bit needy.
What do I like about myself today? I like that I am noticing how I am feeling and identifying the feelings. I know why I am tired but I do not know why I am feeling a bit needy. I am resisting the urge to go buy myself something to make myself feel better. I do that sometimes.
How do I think or hope God sees me today? I think that God sees me as His precious child who needs Him. And He is urging me to pay attention to that child within. The child He created with love.

10 comments:

Just Be Real said...

Ahhhh dear Colleen, your inner child calls out to you. I am even learning this as I worship God on Sonday's the childlikeness that comes out. Blessings to you my dear one.

Colleen said...

JBR, thank you. I wonder if we are more open to our inner child when we worship God. God bless.

Patricia Singleton said...

I think we are closer to God when we honor our inner children. My opinion.

Marj aka Thriver said...

This is a great exercise for all of us to do. Thanks for sharing this insight and awareness.

Colleen said...

Patricia, I agree. Thanks for the reminder. Blessings!

Marj, I forget to do this but I know I need to. Glad it was helpful. Hugs!

sarah said...

yes to this Colleen...When I stopped pushing that inner child away with all the self destructive behaviour....and started to embrace her...I felt so much better.

Colleen said...

sarah, thank you for your comment. How true that is for me too.

Lily said...

What a great thing to get in the habit of doing every day. This can be very eye opening if done with honesty! Thank you for sharing!

Colleen said...

Lily, yes it is eye opening. Sometimes it is hard to be honest with ourselves but I think this exercise helps me.

Just Be Real said...

((((Colleen))))