Monday, July 26, 2010

Feeling Blue

So I am just going through my days, feeling pretty good about my life.
I have a new grandson - (I am already crazy about him!)
Work is going OK.
Just saw my youngest son who traveled to see his new nephew.
Life is good. Or it seems to be.
And then I wake up one day and I just feel lousy. Depressed. Weepy. No obvious reason. Just a dark cloud hanging over me.
Sigh.
Usually I try to ignore these little "blue" periods. Pity parties I call them. But I think this time I will really pay attention to me. I will pay attention to my feelings. I will honor them. I will care for myself.
I will let myself feel what I feel. I will be kind to me.
Then when the blues are over, I will let go and get on with things.
Sounds like a plan.

12 comments:

Patricia Singleton said...

Any change, even good change, can cause grieving. My daughter and grandchildren went home yesterday so I am feeling a little blue myself right now. That is when we need to take a little bit of extra care with ourselves. We deserve to be taken care of, especially by ourselves.

Just Be Real said...

I am sorry dear Colleen. (((((Colleen))))

Colleen said...

Patricia, thank you so much. That last line will be my mantra for a few days.

JBR, thanks for the hugs!

Little Seed said...

Thank you for your blog and congrats on your new grandson!

Yes, it is vital for us to honor our feelings, give them voice, and nurture ourselves when those dark clouds emerge.

Sounds like a plan!

Recuperative thoughts and emotional hugs... LS

Colleen said...

Little Seed, thank you so much. Hugs to you!

sarah said...

first....congrats on your little grandson..praying those down times are fewer and fewer....and the good ones are more and more.

Paula said...

Honoriing our feelings is so very important. HUgs to you and I am gald you atek good care of yourself.

Colleen said...

sarah, thank you so much! Blessings and hugs!

Paula, thanks for the visit and kind words. Hugs to you!

Wanda's Wings said...

Depression has a way of just showing up at your doorstep. About all can do is ride the storm out. I hope this soon lifts and things are brighter. ((((((Colleen)))))

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

It does sound like a plan! Most important, congratulations on your new grandson!

Colleen said...

Wanda, yes it does just show up doesn't it? Thanks and Hugs!

Elizabeth, thank you for the congrats!!

Just Be Real said...

Came by to give you another ((((Colleen))))