Tuesday, July 20, 2010

How Am I Feeling Today?

Since I tend to bury my feelings, every once in awhile I need to check out how I am feeling and seeing myself.
How do I feel right now? Disorganized (is that a feeling?) Maybe I would be better off saying I feel anxious. Why? I don't know.
How do I see myself today? I see myself as tired and anxious and discombobulated (I like that word.)
What do I like about myself today? I just got done recording a talk that I want to put on the internet for my Catholic website that I am working on. I feel happy about that. No anxiety really.
How do I think or hope God sees me today? My talk was on God's unconditional love for us and I witnessed about being a survivor (is that why I feel anxious? hmmmmm...)
I am reminded of how much God loves me and I need not be anxious. Just give it all to Him. I read somewhere that we are God's happiness.
I like that.

7 comments:

Patricia Singleton said...

Still after all of these years of working on my incest issues, I find that I don't always know what I am feeling. I am improved but still not complete in this area of feelings.

Lily said...

This is a great way to process through feelings because most of the time I can't figure out what I am feeling!

Just Be Real said...

Thanks Colleen for sharing. I struggle with feelings as well. Blessings.

Colleen said...

Patricia, me too. I feel the same way! Thanks for your visit!

Lily, I cannot figure my feelings out very often either. So I use this outline to help me figure them out. To practice in a way, I guess. Glad you like it!

JBR, I guess this is something many of us share. God bless!

VICKI IN AZ said...

Colleen,
I love this, your sharing. It just feels so honest. I am happy for you that you finished you talk.

Vicki

sarah said...

we are God's happiness...I like that...I actually think of my kids like that. have a great weekened.

Colleen said...

Vicki, thank you for your kind words! and for dropping by! :)

Sarah, you are right! I think of my kids like that too! Blessings!