Monday, August 16, 2010

How Do I Feel Today?

Since I tend to bury my feelings, every once in awhile I need to check out how I am feeling and seeing myself. Feel free to join me. I know I am not alone with this.
How do I feel right now? Feeling good about letting go of my father, knowing I wish him well and pray for him but also knowing that, in order to take good care of me, I need to just let him go and feel no guilt. So for today anyway, I feel no guilt. Is that a feeling? Content or at peace may be a better way of putting it.
How do I see myself today? I see myself as OK.
What do I like about myself today? Today started off rainy and depressing and ruined some of my plans but I was able to talk myself out of feeling sorry for myself. No pity party.
How do I think or hope God sees me today? I hope that God sees me as a loving person - His loving daughter - and pleased that I didn't have a pity party today.
And really, I KNOW, He loves me.

5 comments:

Just Be Real said...

You have some really positive things to share here Colleen. The letting go being the highlight. Very tough and very challenging! But kuddos!! Glad you did not feel any guilt. Even if it is for a day! Thank you for the encouragement. I am more or less consentrating how God sees me these days. Blessings to you dear one.

Colleen said...

JBR, thank you for YOUR encouragement. It is hard to see ourselves as God sees us, but just believing that He sees us with so much love, helps and is so healing. Blessings to you.

Paula said...

Dear Colleen, just last week I learned about an exercise to get to the bottom of my inner kids and the feelings associated. If you think tthis might be of assistance to you, please feel free to read my "duckling" post

sarah said...

((((colleen))))

Colleen said...

Paula, thank you! I will check it out!

Sarah, thanks for the hug!