Monday, December 13, 2010

Pity Party Time

Pity party.
That is the only kind of party I like to throw these days.
Feeling sorry for myself because I don't get enough attention.
Feeling sorry for myself because no one understands me.
Feeling sorry for myself because Christmas is here and Christmas means parties and pretending to be someone I am not.
Feeling sorry for myself because.
Just because.
It's time to throw a different kind of party. Time to stop pretending and just be me.
I would feel better being me. Even being the me who throws myself a pity party a little too often.
At least that is not pretending.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

I'm having such a pity party that I'm not putting a tree up. Hang in there.

Just Be Real said...

Ahhhhh Colleen, I hear ya. (((((Colleen)))

sarah said...

hugs to you Colleen....it's okay some times to feel sorry for ourselves....

Colleen said...

Cindy, I understand. Let us both hang in there!

JBR - thanks so much. Hugs!

Sarah, I agree but I guess I needed to hear that. Thanks.