Thursday, January 13, 2011

Learning to Love Myself

It is a new year and everyone has been blogging about what their word will be for this year.
Word?
It is supposed to be a word that one can focus on all year to help us grow or learn, etc. I came up with one last year and promptly forgot about focusing on it. Now I do not even remember what the word was!
Well, I am willing to try again. What I would like to focus on is - self-love.
Not self-ish love. Self-love. 
I would like to be kinder to me. To treat myself like my own best friend. To love the person I am, the person God created me to be.
It will be a challenge, but one worth trying.
What do you think? Do you have a WORD for the new year?

6 comments:

Just Be Real said...

Colleen self-love is a great word. And I too will also concentrate on that. Especially when I start beating up on myself, which is very easy to do. Thank you dear for sharing. Blessings.

sarah said...

great focus....my word...fabulous. I think it's gonna be a fabulous year.

Colleen said...

JBR, I beat up on myself too often. I agree it is easy to do. Hugs.

Sarah, fabulous - what a great word. really helps us have a good attitude about everything. I hope you have a fabulous year!

Just Be Real said...

Blessings to you dear Colleen.

Colleen said...

JBR, thank you so much! Hugs!

Just Be Real said...

Returning hugs to you Colleen.