Friday, March 25, 2011

Not Again

Philadelphia.
More accusations of child sexual abuse by priests. More cover up.
Reminds me of another Lent. 2002. Boston. Such a nightmare.
Please, Lord. Not again.
When will it be over?
I feel sick. Then I feel scared. Then I feel angry.
I want to write about it but I can hardly get the words out. So all I can seem to do is to get my thoughts out. One word. Two words.
A prayer.
Jesus, we need your Light. We need your Love. Hold the children in your loving embrace. Hold us all. Heal us. Love us. Give us the strength to do what is right and what is needed. Give us the courage to speak out for survivors of child sexual abuse. Send us shepherds who will care for the lambs and protect them. Bring us all out of the darkness into your Light of truth and love.
Amen.

8 comments:

Just Be Real said...

(((((Colleen)))))
May the Lord protect your thoughts at this time and as your prayer says so much I come in agreement with you dear one!!!!

Colleen said...

JBR, bless you. You are always there, ready to support others. Hugs and thanks.

Patricia Singleton said...

Colleen, sending you prayers and (((hugs))) of my own to add to JBR's. Haven't talked to either of you in awhile. Have been dealing with my own anger and hurt that an 11-year-old Texas child was blamed for her own gang rape. I agree that this horror has to stop.

Colleen said...

Patricia, thank you for your hugs. I didnt know about that Texas girl. Will have to read up on it. Hugs back.

sarah said...

there's so much of it Colleen..so much abuse...so much rape and pain and hurt.... :(

Colleen said...

sarah, yes there is. Hugs.

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

There has been a photo of my Dad with Bishop Bevilacqua on my parents' dresser for as long as I can remember...when I read about this atrocity, my heart sunk. I will never look at that photo the same again. I am sick at heart for the pain, the suffering, the lies, the deceit, the COWARDESS of those who should have DONE something. God have mercy.

Colleen said...

Thank you Judy. Bless you.