Friday, November 11, 2011

Wondering Out Loud

I am wondering ...
how that boy who was sexually molested in the shower room at Penn State about 10 years ago is doing now?
how does he feel seeing the riots and protests at the school over the firing of the football coach who failed to protect him or call the police?

I am wondering ...
why a football coach who is supposed to be dedicated to the care and welfare of children would not worry about this kid who was abused by one of the former coaches and do more about it?
why the assistant who witnessed the abuse did not stop it right then and there? Why did he not rescue that boy? Why did he not call the police?

I am wondering ...
knowing the horrible statistics of child sexual abuse - somewhere between 8 to 20% - and knowing that over 70% of all reported sexual assaults occur to children 17 years old and under,

why is no one rioting on college campuses about THAT?

4 comments:

From Tracie said...

I am wondering all those things, as well.

There doesn't seem to be any good answers - or at least, any satisfactory answers.

I was sick this week watching the students protest Paterno's firing.

Colleen said...

Tracie, thanks for your comment. I was sick too.

Just Be Real said...

Colleen, thank you for sharing. Yeah, I too wonder......

Colleen said...

JBR, it is good to share our wondering isnt it? Thanks.