Friday, March 2, 2012

We Survivors Stand For Truth

When people falsely accuse someone of sexual abuse, they abuse us survivors as well. Every time someone lies about abuse, they make it harder for us to be believed. 
We have a hard enough time speaking out about what has happened to us. There is no room in our world for liars.
As we struggle to bring light to our world, as we struggle to bring the truth about sexual abuse to the world, we do not need to be fighting people who would rather lie for whatever reason.
We survivors stand for truth.

10 comments:

Just Be Real said...

So well put Colleen, Hugs to you,

Colleen said...

JBR, thank you! Hugs back!

Patricia Singleton said...

I agree with JBR.

Colleen said...

Patricia, thank you. This issue has hit a sore spot with me so hopefully will get back to blogging here more.

From Tracie said...

Yes yes yes!

I couldn't agree more.

Colleen said...

Tracie, thank you!

Colleen @ ID said...

I needed to read this multiple times. First I totally missed that it was someone lying about abuse, I thought it was when people blame the victims. This message, that it hurts survivors needs to get out more. It is easy to see the motives of revenge, and even financial gain that would be behind lying. It would help for those tempted to do this to know it is not a victimless crime, and that it is a crime, not just a lie and a sin. If they are seeking revenge they are not just hurting the one that hurt them. If they are seeking financial gain, not just the falsely accused is hurt.

Colleen said...

Oops. Sorry if I didn't make that clear. I was reacting to a story I had heard and just blurted it out, if you know what I mean.
But yes, it was about a false accusation being made against someone. It was for money.Really sickens me and hurts us survivors a lot.

Just Be Real said...

Understood. Blessings dear one.

Colleen said...

JBR, thanks for always giving me support and being there.