Friday, April 19, 2013

Lonely is ...

There are different kinds of loneliness.

Lonely is being in a crowded room and feeling alone. 
Lonely is being sexually abused by your father while the world around you goes on like nothing is happening. 
Lonely is thinking that you are the only person in the world going through this. That there must be something wrong with you for your father to do this to you.

Lonely is wanting to tell your best friend about the abuse, but you are afraid of God knows what. Maybe she won't believe you. Maybe she won't like you any more.

Lonely is thinking that the security of the family depends on you keeping the secret.

Lonely is someone telling you to "Get over it."

Read more at my other blog ...

6 comments:

Monica said...

So true Colleen...

Colleen said...

Thanks Monica.

Just Be Real said...

Hugs to you Colleen.....

Colleen said...

Thank you JBR!

Janis Hillard said...

Hello,

I just wanted to say that I appreciate your blog very much - I, too, am a survivor of rape. I am also an activist. Please check out my personal blog about the movement I am attempting to create in hope to get men more involved with being the solution - instead of the problem.

My blog: htttp://janishillard.blogspot.com

Also check out my YouTube video about my project:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfST-g2J0Mw

Much love,
Janis

Colleen said...

Thank you, Janis. I will check it out!